Website Disclaimers and Privacy Statement
Artist renditions, including any furniture, features, finishings and fixtures depicted therein or in any other marketing materials, are for illustration purposes only and subject to change. All renderings and pictures included in marketing materials are draft conceptual drawings and/or artistic impressions which may not be accurate. The developer reserves the right to make changes and modifications to the information contained herein at any time. This is not an offering for sale. An offering for sale can only be made after filing a Disclosure Statement under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act (British Columbia). E. & O.E.
By providing your contact details, you consent to Bosa Properties Inc., BlueSky Properties Inc. and Kingswood Properties Inc. and their respective current and future affiliates and subsidiaries contacting you regarding their current and future products and services, event invitations, newsletters, announcements, promotions, incentives, and other publications. Rest assured that none of this information is sold or distributed to any other parties. You may withdraw consent at any time.
Bosa Properties Website Privacy Statement
Please read the following policy carefully before using this website.
Bosa Properties Inc., BlueSky Properties Inc., Bosa4Rent Inc., and their parents, subsidiaries, related companies and affiliates (collectively, “Bosa”, “we”, “our” or “us”) have published this privacy notice (this “Notice”) to tell you about how we collect, use, disclose and store personal information when you apply for a job with Bosa or access our services, including our websites, online customer portal and rental services (collectively, our “Services”). We think transparency is important, but providing that transparency requires us to make this Notice longer than we would like. That is why we have set out the highlights of this Notice in brief summary form here, with the details following below.
Summary Highlights of this Notice
- Realtors: Most information we collect about you is business information, not personal information. We use this to support and better understand our realtors and provide and improve our Services.
- Clients of Realtors: We may obtain your personal information from realtors that use our Services to help you find and purchase or rent a property, and use that information for the purpose it was provided, including contacting you about properties of interest. We recommend you contact them with any complaints, questions or requests about their provision of your personal information to us.
- Tenants / Rental Applicants: We collect personal information you provide to us directly, such as your contact information, employment information and any supporting financial information, and information collected automatically through cookies and similar tools. We use this to evaluate your rental application, manage our relationship with you as a tenant and provide and improve our Services.
- Website / Online Customer Portal Users: We collect personal information you provide to us directly, such as your email address, and information collected automatically through cookies and similar tools. We use this to support and better understand our users and provide and improve our Services.
- Employees / Contractors / Job Applicants: If you apply for a job with Bosa, we collect and use your personal information to consider hiring you. If we hire you, we will use your personal information in connection with your employment. A separate privacy notice may apply to employees.
Application of This Notice
What Does this Notice Cover?
This Notice applies to all personal information that we collect, use, disclose and store when you apply for a job with Bosa or access our Services.
What Does this Notice Not Cover?
- Realtors: As mentioned above, we sometimes obtain personal information from third parties, including realtors, and use that information for the purpose it was provided, including contacting you about properties of interest. We recommend you contact them with any complaints, questions or requests about their provision of your personal information to us. In the event you are not satisfied with how they respond, you may Contact Us directly, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to address it.
- Non-Personal Information: Information about your business, including your business contact information, is not typically personal information. Anonymized information is also not considered personal information for the purposes of this Notice. We may anonymize any personal information in our custody, in which case it will cease to be personal information.
In some situations, we may rely on exemptions or other permitted conduct under applicable laws, including to collect, use, disclose or store personal information for purposes not described in this Notice. We provide our Services to realtors and users in many jurisdictions and privacy practices may be adopted to address the specific privacy requirements of particular jurisdictions. If you are unsure if or how this Notice applies to you, Contact Us.
Changes to this Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time by posting a new version of the Notice on our websites. Our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information will be governed by the version of the Notice in effect at that time. Please review this Notice periodically to see whether it has been updated. Any use of our services by you after we provide notice constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collecting Your Personal Information
What Personal Information Do We Collect Directly?
We collect personal information through our Services when you voluntarily provide it. Examples include when you complete the “Contact Us” form, or other similar forms, on our websites for general inquiries or newsletters, when you email us for information about our projects, when you purchase a property or when you submit a rental application. We collect the personal information to provide you with the information or service that you have requested.
When you access our Services, we may ask you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and other information necessary to provide you with our Services. Additionally, we may ask you for your real estate preferences such as the type of home you may be interested in and your reason for buying or renting (e.g. first type home buyers, downsizers). We may also ask you if you want to complete a survey asking about your budget range, reason for buying or renting, type of home interested in, etc. At the time we ask you to provide personal information, you may choose not to provide certain details, but this may affect your ability to access our Services.
What Personal Information Do We Collect Automatically?
When you access our Services, we automatically collect non-personally identifiable information using the following technologies:
- Cookies: Our Services use “cookies” to track user activity on our websites. Cookies enable our Services to save and retrieve information that you enter. A cookie is a commonly used piece of software that tracks your visits and preferences, and is capable of enhancing your use of our Services. It may remain on your computer after you exit the Services (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you). You can disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your internet browser, however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to access certain Services. You can read about cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
- IP Address Tracking: Our Services obtain your IP address, web browser and operating system you are using, the date and time of the visit, the sections of our Services you access, as well as the pages read and the images viewed, and certain content that you download from our Services. We do not link any of the above information with information that is personally identifiable to you. We collect this data for a number of reasons, including to understand the traffic on our Services, how our Services are used, and how we can improve them. For example, the information about our visitors’ browsers tells us what kind of browsers we need to support. Other information lets us know how many visitors visit our Services and what sections are the most popular. We do not share this aggregate data with third parties except for the possible use of web analytics companies as described below.
- Web Beacons: We use web beacons such as Facebook Pixel to track how you interact with our Services, such as the pages read and the images viewed.
- “Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals: Although we would like to honor browsers set with DNT signals, at this time, our Services do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of IP address tracking. For more information about DNT signals, please visit allaboutdnt.com.
Using Your Personal Information
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Much of the personal information we use is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected (or for a use consistent with that purpose) or to meet our contractual obligations. In most other situations, we rely on our legitimate interest (which, in some countries, would be “implied consent” or a legal exception to the consent requirement, such as where the processing is to prevent fraud). We may use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To contact and correspond with you regarding your use of our websites;
- To send you information about our Services and products, including project updates and announcements, event invitations, promotions, incentives and other information that we think may interest you, and for other marketing purposes;
- To respond to specific requests and inquiries from you, including to provide you with our Services and products that you request such as our newsletters, project information and publications;
- To consider a job or rental application;
- To respond to service requests and to schedule service calls and fulfill service requests;
- To process suggestions and comments provided by you;
- To improve our Services;
- To administer our Services and protect the security of our Services when necessary;
- To facilitate such other Services and activities as we may identify at the time;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We may also request express consent to process your personal information in some circumstances, such as when you create an account. We may also de-personalize information, such as through anonymization or aggregation. We may use and disclose such information for any purpose, as it will no longer identify you or any other person.
Sharing Your Personal Information
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties such as affiliates and third party companies that assist us in providing our Services, including marketers, customer support and hosting services. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the service providers with which we may share personal information.
Marketers and Advertisers
Provide you with news and marketing, including customizing our advertisement and creating lookalike audiences for Bosa Properties using tools such as Google Adword’s Similar Audiences and Facebook’s Lookalike Audiences.
Customer Support and Customer Relationship Management
Track your service issues, review and consider job or rental applications, improve our Services, provide answers and solutions to your queries and concerns and manage our relationship with you.
Hosting and Similar Service Providers
Help us provide our Services, manage digital content and store data.
Platform Service Providers
Help us provide our Services and manage our online customer portal and rental applications and services.
The service providers with which we may share personal information are only provided the limited amount of information required to perform their services. When we use service providers, it requires the service providers to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable law and with the same or more stringent security and privacy standards than us. Any such sharing of your personal information to a service provider will be conditional upon the information being used solely for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to certain third party recipients. When we disclose your personal information, the third party recipient’s policies and procedures will apply. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent before disclosure. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the third party recipients to which we may disclose personal information.
Third Parties Acquiring or Proposing to Acquire Bosa
To assist third parties acquiring or proposing to acquire all or a substantial part of our operations or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, including by merger or acquisition, amalgamation, corporate reorganization or restructuring or a sale of assets, including as part of due diligence.
Law Enforcement / Legal Proceedings
To comply with applicable laws or regulations, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or for safety, where we believe disclosure is appropriate. For example, we may disclose your personal information to comply with a subpoena, in response to a law enforcement body with the lawful authority to obtain the information, pursuant to an investigation into the breach of a law, or to our legal counsel or auditors.
To facilitate the detection, prevention and deterrence of money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities.
Will My Personal Information be Shared Outside the Country?
In order to provide our Services, we may share your personal information with service providers both in and outside of your country, and as result, your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed or stored in another country, including in Canada and in the United States of America. Laws relating to privacy vary between countries, and your personal information may be processed in a country with laws less stringent than the laws in your country. Your personal information may be accessible to governments, courts, or law enforcement, national security authorities and regulatory agencies of these countries in accordance with applicable laws. If you have any questions about Bosa policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of Canada, you can contact the our Privacy Officer at the contact information listed at the end of this Notice.
Exercising Your Rights to Your Personal Information
Depending on where you are located and subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to request to access, correct or erase your personal information, object to our processing of your personal information, request restriction of your personal information or withdraw or change your consent to how we process your personal information, by contacting our Privacy Officer Contact Us.
As a security measure, our Privacy Officer may request specific information from you in order to verify your identity prior to granting any requests. If we cannot respond to your request promptly or have to refuse the request, we will advise you of the reasons, subject to any legal restrictions. If you disagree with our determination, you may complain to us and we will reconsider. If you are not satisfied with our ultimate determination, you may contact your local data protection authority or privacy commissioner. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
If you want to designate someone to exercise your rights on your behalf, please send your designation request using the email associated with your account, if you have one, or that you have otherwise provided to Bosa. We are not otherwise able to verify your identity.
Where permitted by law, we may refuse or charge a fee for repeat, abusive or inappropriate requests.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We store personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to conduct our business operations and maintain an appropriate historical record of our relationship with you, or in order to comply with applicable laws, whichever is longer. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal information, make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with, or tracked back to, you.
Securing Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. We use safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, and disposal, in a manner appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards are intended to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. However, the internet is not a secure environment and no computer system is perfectly secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided to us through electronic means: there is always a risk that your personal information may be accessed or used without authorization.
You may be required to create an account with Bosa in order to access certain of our Services, such as the online customer portal. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account login information and will not use the account login information of any third party or disclose your account login information to any third party. You are responsible for all activities, charges and liabilities made on or through your account with Bosa, whether authorized or unauthorized by you and should take steps to protect against unauthorized use of your account by, for example, choosing a robust password. If you suspect any unauthorized use with any account or any use of account login information, you must Contact Us immediately.
It is your responsibility to provide any updates to your personal information to Bosa in writing.
Will We Use Your Personal Information to Contact You?
If you provide us with your email address and “opt-in” to receiving messages from us, you may receive emails from us or our marketing partners and sponsors from time to time regarding current and future products and services, event invitations, newsletters, announcements, promotions, incentives, and other publications. These emails will provide you with our contact information and a method to opt-out and unsubscribe from receiving marketing information and/or any further communications from us. You can also Contact Us to opt-out of receiving further communications. Once Bosa has processed your opt-out request, we will not send you marketing emails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
What Personal Information Do We Collect from Children?
We only collect, use, disclose and store personal information of children under the age of 13 with the consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian, we request that you Contact Us immediately.
What Personal Information Do We Collect from Third Parties?
We may collect personal information about you from a third party. In such cases, the third party providing that personal information to us is responsible for obtaining your consent or another lawful basis for such collection.
For example, if you provide your personal information to a realtor, that personal information may be obtained by us, or other third parties, as we and others provide services to such realtors. The collection, use, disclosure and storage of such personal information will be subject to the privacy policies of such realtor and we recommend that you review these prior to providing any personal information.
What Personal Information Do Third Parties Collect from Us?
As a convenience to you, our Services may contain links to third party websites, applications or services, or integrate with other third party platforms that collect personal information from you, such as Avesdo, which provides the online customer portal, and Certn, in connection with our rental applications and services. Such third party services may include payment processors and electronic signature platforms that collect personal information in order to facilitate purchases or rentals. While we try to link only to third party services that share our commitment to protecting your privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices, collection of personal information, or content of external websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of those third party services prior to use.
Do We Collect Personal Information About Third Parties from You?
You may have the opportunity to communicate with others about our Services, such as by sending an invitation to a third party. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate, such as their email address. By providing us with this information, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to collect, use and disclose their personal information in this manner.
We collect such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific promotional message from you. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, we will not use this personal information for other marketing purposes without first obtaining consent from the subject of the personal information. Please be aware that when you use any invitation functionality on our Services, your email address, name or username and message may be included in the communication sent to you.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled you personal information, or have any other questions or any other privacy-related concerns, such as requests to withdraw consent, access our records of personal information or to change or erase personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below:
Address: 1201 – 838 West Hastings Street,
Vancouver, BC V6C 0A6
If you have a question, comment or complaint about a realtor, please contact the realtor directly. If the realtor is not responsive, you may direct your question, comment or complaint to us, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to address it.